Event Chair: Tyler
Volunteers at ICM are truly the foundation of the organization! Several hundred volunteers spend time at ICM, providing the following services:
- At our “front counter” where clients apply for help
- Interviewing clients one-on-one to determine their specific needs
- Working the “client boutique” where clients choose clothing for the family
- Working in the “pantry” where food boxes are made up
- Supervising children in “Love Corner” while parents meet with interviewers
- Sorting and hanging clothing in our sorting room
- Preparing toiletries for needy families
In 2014, Volunteers gave 23,924 hours to ICM, the equivalent of 9 full-time, average wage employees – this would cost ICM $215,316 per year!
Their generosity allows us keep 94.5% of our $3.5 million budget going to our clients and building expenses.
The jobs mentioned above are performed from 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. every weekday. About 125 of our volunteers come in every week on the same day, and some others once a month. Some volunteers come in groups from congregations around the Valley and enjoy a combined social and service time together.