ICM is a 501(c)3 charity, serving 150 – 200 working poor families each day, six days a week. Most make a minimum wage and do not have health insurance. Whatever their circumstances, ICM is here to help everyone in need. Thank you for your donations!
Donation Drop-Off Info:
In-kind donations of food, clothing and material goods are accepted in the gated back parking lot – just south of our building on 9th Avenue (501 S. 9th Ave.)– 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and Saturdays 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. For larger donations, we do offer pickup service, please contact us to schedule.
Arizona Charitable Tax Credit
Cash contributions to ICM of up to $800 for married couples and $400 for singles can be taken off your AZ Income Tax Bill dollar for dollar.
This tax credit is one of the best vehicles for qualifying nonprofits to raise resources from individual donors, yet it is significantly underutilized. For people with any tax liability (meaning they owe taxes) this is equivalent to a “free” donation to a nonprofit.
Out of each dollar donated, 96 cents goes to client services.
Please Note: This “Charitable Tax” credit can be taken in addition to any contributions to eligible schools or adoption agencies. It’s not necessary to itemize deductions in Arizona to receive this credit.
The direct donation from the IRA reduces, dollar for dollar, the adjusted gross income resulting in no taxes on the amount of the donation.
Click here to donate online now, or you can also send a check directly to ICM at PO Box 2225, Phoenix, AZ 85002.
Food, Clothing & Toiletry Drives:
Click here for our basic needs list flyer.
- Click here for a list of ICM donation bin locations around the Valley!
- Click to view a .pdf version of the ICM Donor Bill of Rights
Legacy of Love
Estate Planning that Protects Hungry Families and Children for Years to Come
With thoughtful estate planning, your Legacy Gift can provide life-saving assistance to hungry individuals and families while offering substantial financial benefits for you and your family. The Board and Staff at ICM are committed to the idea that this agency will be around for many years to come. If you share our views, we have begun a Planned Giving Program, where donors can plan the way they give to ICM, and even include ICM in their wills and trusts.
- It’s easy. You don’t have to be wealthy to leave a Legacy Gift. Whether it is naming ICM in your will or trust, or a gift of house and property, there is an easy option that is right for you.
- It can involve assets you might never think of. A life insurance policy, real estate, stocks, business holdings, a checking or savings account, CDs. These are all assets that can be leveraged as a Legacy Gift.
- It can generate an income stream. In return for the donation of real estate, stocks or other assets, your Legacy Gift can generate a series of regular payments for life.
- It can provide generous tax benefits. Depending on the type of gift, short-term and/or long-term tax benefits may apply. Donors at a variety of income levels can benefit. Be sure toconsult with your financial planner or estate planner for more specifics.
- It can work in tandem with other family priorities. Leaving a Legacy Gift is not an “all or nothing” option. Gifts can exist side-by-side with other beneficiaries and personal priorities.
- It is long-remembered. Designating a Legacy Gift automatically makes you an ICM’s Legacy of Love member. Legacy of Love members are recognized in a variety of ways including a place on the recognition wall.
With your Legacy of Love gift, you ensure that ICM’s mission of serving the hungry and the values you cherish will be long remembered.
We can provide information and assistance for our donors, as well as the careful administration of your planned gift. To begin a conversation about any of these ideas, call us at (602) 254-7450, ext. 3 and ask for Beth Fiorenza, our Executive Director, or email Beth.
Other Ways to Help
The Board and Staff at ICM are committed to the idea that this agency will be around for many years to come. If you share our views, we have begun a Planned Giving Program, where donors can plan the way they give to ICM, and even include ICM in their wills and trusts.
Consider giving a monthly financial gift to ICM when you pay your bills. Some give $20 a month, others give $100.
Use the ICM code ( 28494 ) when you shop at Bashas and we will receive a percentage of your purchase price. Click here to Register.
You can also support ICM through escrip. eScrip is a wonderful way to support ICM and not cost you any money. You can register on line at eScrip and type in ICM’s name or id #962158 and follow the directions.
- Matching Gift Programs
If you work for a company with a matching gift program your donations can be matched be the company. Click here for a list of companies.
- AmazonSmile – You can also support ICM through AmazonSmile. AmazonSmile is a wonderful way to support ICM and not cost you any money. You can just contribute while shopping by following this link. Click here to learn more.
- MyRideMyCause – Donate Your Vehicle To Benefit ICM Food & Clothing Bank! We Accept Any Car, Truck, RV Motorcycle, ATV & More. Vehicle donations are processed through The CauseNetwork Foundation, an IRS registered 501c3 charity. Vehicle pickup, inspection and resale is handled by the Donation Division of IAA, which has processed over $168,000,000 in vehicle donations to support over 500 charities since 1994. Proceeds are donated in your name to your favorite Cause net of expenses related to operating the program. Click here to learn more.
ICM appreciates your financial contributions and operates primarily from donations from individuals.
“I came to ICM by way of my brother Myron, who served as a board president, and I learned to love volunteering and giving there. The depth of my giving has certainly been enhanced by my belief that ‘the more I give, the more I get to give’!” – Arnold Petersen
“I know how much good ICM does. I have been proud to contribute what I can in time, money and goods. My heart is in ICM!” – Marilou Coy
“ICM fills the clients’ needs for food, clothing and medical care with great kindness and respect and is a vital support for so many within the community.” – Susan Segal
A Family You Helped
Frequently ICM partners with other organizations to help families that come to their attention. A local school psychologist called about a grandmother that recently had to care for her three grandchildren. The psychologist knew that this would be a financial burden on the grandmother who was living on her social security check. The children had very few pieces of clothing in the apartment, so ICM was able to provide food and clothing for the three children the same day, easing the burden of the grandmother.